Don’t be a Zooombie!
An introverts guide to Working from home. Some tips on how to survive remote working, I really liked this short Ted talk during my lunchtime walk:
- Pay attention to ritual and routine. Find what works for you and make time for yourself.
- Be intentional about breaks, i.e. walk around the block
- Manage pace, place and space. It’s tempting to work longer hours but manage how quickly you work, where you work and create a comfortable working environment.
- As a manager protect your team, manage the room. Make sure everyone knows what they should contribute and when, making sure the extroverts don’t dominate.
- Favour audio over video calls, people can be more comfortable on an audio call without the glare of the cameras.
- Try asynchronous communications i.e. voice memo so it gives you time to compose the message and your recipient time to respond.